RECORD POWER SC4 Insert Thread w/ 2" Faceplate
The SC4 is perfect for the demanding woodturner, being capable of holding large work pieces yet possessing the precision and compactness to handle more delicate work. This model features an enclosed back with full indexing plate and has pinions driven by a long ball ended hex key to make access easy, even when large work pieces are mounted. This chuck is an insert model (the relevant choice of insert is included in the price) which means it is easily future proofed against upgrades and can be used on multiple lathes, even if they have different spindle threads (additional optional inserts required).
Supplied complete with the woodworm screw, 50 mm standard jaws, 2” faceplate and insert to suit virtually any lathe (including M33 x 3.5) this package offers professional performance at an exceptionally affordable price.
- Jaw Fixing System: The SC3 and SC4 feature jaw fixings which not only fit the Record Power series of Jaws but are also fully compatible with Nova and Robert Sorby brand jaws.
- Precision Engineered Gears: Super Geared True-Lock™ technology ensures high levels of accuracy to provide smooth and solid operation. (SC3 key shown).
- Woodworm Screw: The SC3 and SC4 are supplied with the indispensable Record Power woodworm screw. Ideal for mounting bowl blanks, this screw is held in the jaws of the chuck, giving exceptional holding power. This means a separate woodscrew chuck need not be used and the chuck can stay on the lathe, saving time and effort.
- High Tensile Strength: The chuck bodies are made from high tensile steel for superior strength and performance
- Heavy Duty Jaw Slides: The improved and enlarged jaw slides give unsurpassed holding power and load bearing ability. They are made from high tensile steel, reinforced with nickel and copper and heat-treated to ensure superior strength.
- Single Handed Operation: The SC3 and SC4 are operated single-handedly using a key, leaving a hand free to mount the work. The SC4 key features a ball hex wrench design for multi-directional operation and ease of access. (SC4 key shown).
- Sealed Backing Plate with Full Indexing: The SC4 features a strong backing plate to protect the gear mechanism from dust. It also features 72-point indexing around the full circumference.
Record Power have over 100 years of an enviable reputation for creating high quality tools through their many years of experience and unparalleled knowledge in manufacturing and design.
Caulfield Industrial supplies a wide range of Record Power products for sale online with Next Day Delivery